The skin on our eyes is more than 10 times thinner than the rest of the skin on our face and it ages 36% faster than the rest of our skin, that’s a scary thought.
One of the most visible signs of aging eyes is puffiness and bags under your eyes.
Many of the creams on the market today target a ton of issues but what is the best eye cream for puffiness?
- What Causes Puffy Eyes?
- How to Choose the Best Eye Cream for Puffy Eyes
- Best Eye Cream for Puffiness Reviews 2017
- 1. Amara Organics Eye Cream Gel – for Dark Circles and Puffiness with Peptides
- 2. InstaNatural Eye Gel Cream
- 3. Aveeno Active Naturals Positively – with Natural Shiitake Complex
- 4. Instant Eye Repair Cream – Beauty Facial Extreme
- 5. Peter Thomas Roth Instant – FIRMx Eye Cream
What Causes Puffy Eyes?
Before choosing the best eye cream for puffiness, you need to understand the reasons behind your puffy eyes.
One of the main reasons for puffy eyes is due to aging. As we age, the skin tissue and muscles that support our eyelids begin to weaken.
This causes the skin to sag and the fat that is near to the orbit of your eye moves to below your eyes, causing them to have under eye puffy bags.
Second reason for puffy eyes is caused by the space under your eyes accumulating liquid, making your eyes look swollen and puffy.
Here are some factors that can lead to puffiness:
- Fluid retention caused by climate changes, hormonal levels or overeating salty foods.
- Lack of sleep or poor sleep position.
- Allergies or dermatitis (eczema), if the puffiness is accompanied along with red inflamed and itchy skin.
- It can be heredity; puffy eyes can run in the family.
How to Choose the Best Eye Cream for Puffy Eyes
The eye cream market is swamped with hundreds of different creams all promising to help your eyes return to their youthful vigor. The key to is choosing the best eye cream lies in understanding what an eye cream can actually do for you and determining the best product for your money.
When choosing an eye cream for puffiness make sure they have one or more of the following ingredients:
We all know and highly appreciate the qualities a cup of coffee in the morning help to wake us up. Caffeine works wonders to add the much-needed lift to our puffy eyes. It helps encourage blood flow and helps with fluid retention.
Infused With Antioxidants
Antioxidants such as vitamin A, C and E help neutralize sun damage and protects your skin cells from free radicals that your eye processes and are present everywhere. Antioxidants also help boost collagen that will fuel your skin and prevent puffiness.
It is normally used for fine lines and wrinkles but it actually does wonders for under eye bags and puffiness. It moisturizes your eyes allowing them to be soothed and reduce puffiness by eliminating fluid retention.
Niacinamide is vitamin B3 and it repairs damage caused by the sun or environmental climate changes, which can cause the area under your eyes to become puffy or swollen.
Licorice Root Extract
Helps to stimulate blood flow and reduce puffiness while draining fluid bringing your tired eyes back to life, leaving your puffiness behind.
Marine Collagen: Helps to brighten and even out the skin texture and tone. It leaves your eyes feeling hydrated, illuminated and protected during the day, making your puffiness disappear.
When choosing an eye cream, take into consideration your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, choose an eye cream that is mostly made up with naturally ingredients this will help reduce the chance of allergic reaction.
Best Eye Cream for Puffiness Reviews 2017
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing an eye cream for puffiness isn’t how beautiful the package is but the ingredients the cream contains.
Without having high-quality ingredients that help shrink the blood vessels and tighten skin, the eye cream will not help reduce your puffy eyes and just be a waste of money.
Following are the top eye creams for puffy eyes that have been proven to significantly reduce puffy and swollen eyes.
1. Amara Organics Eye Cream Gel – for Dark Circles and Puffiness with Peptides
They use natural ingredients such as cucumber, hyaluronic acid, peptides and plant stem cells to rejuvenate your skin. The cucumber has cooling properties that soothe your skin and help to reduce puffiness and inflation leaving your eye looking brilliant.
The gel contains no parabens, dyes or fragrances and made in USA.
Since it contains no harsh chemical or ingredients are suitable for all skin types. This is cream can be used all over your body including your hands, face and neck.
- Non-oily gel that is quickly absorbed into your skin.
- Doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue that will make applying your makeup an impossible mess.
- 100% money back guarantee, no questions asked and no returns necessary.
- This cream has an affordable price that won’t break the bank.
- The cucumber cooling properties work excellent at reducing under eye swelling and puffiness.
- Since all of the ingredients are natural the results will take longer to notice than other creams.
- The gel is clear and dries opaque, even though it is quickly absorbed into your skin, it leaves a dry layer of gel that feels like dried glue.
- As the gel dispenser gets about half full, the gel begins to get thicker and can cake when applied to under your eyes.
- It can cause an allergic reaction in some isolated cases, if you have sensitive skin apply a small dab on your upper arm and observe for 24-hours.
Using only the highest quality natural ingredients to help restore firmness and lift your saggy puffy eyes.
This formula contains Matrixyl 3000 and plant stem cells, Hyaluronic Acid and amino acids that will help you defy your age by reducing the appearance of your age and reducing puffy eyes.
It is safe to use anywhere on your face and neck providing outstanding results in renewing your skin.
This eye gel is safe for all skin types including dry, normal, oily or even sensitive skin.
InstaNatural Eye Gel is a quick remedy to reduce saggy, puffy eyes without wasting your precious time.
- Affordable price for the quality of the gel.
- Comes in an easy to use dispenser that gives you the exact amount to apply under your eyes.
- Matrixyl 3000 helps stimulate the production of collagen, helping the skin tighten under your eyes to reduce puffiness.
- This cream is suitable for both males and females, working each one different skin structure to provide the best results.
- In some extreme cases it can cause an allergic reaction and worsen puffiness under the eyes.
- Feels like a facemask once dry.
- It might cause a slight burning or stinging sensation when first applied.
- Since it is made of natural ingredients, the results can take up to several weeks to notice difference.
3. Aveeno Active Naturals Positively – with Natural Shiitake Complex
It is clinically proven to visibly lift and firm the skin around your eyes while reducing puffiness. Leaving the area around your eyes looking bright and happy and reducing dark circles under your eyes.
Natural Shiitake Complex is a natural antioxidant that shows positive results such as revealing healthy, youthful looking eyes in less than 3 weeks.
Aveeno has been recommended for the past 60 years by dermatologists worldwide, as they strive to work with your skin’s natural renewal process using the best ingredients found in nature.
They have formulated active ingredients that will reduce all skins of aging such as puffiness in less than 4 weeks.
- Aveeno products can easily be found nationwide at most superstores and pharmacies or ordered online.
- It comes in an easy to use dispenser that gives you the exact amount to apply under each eye.
- You will see results in less than one month from using daily, by reducing puffiness, dark circles and bags under your eyes.
- It is quickly absorbed in your skin and does not cake on your eyes delicate skin.
- You can apply makeup on top of the cream without making a huge mess.
- It is dermatologist recommended and safe for all skin types.
- It helps to reduce sun damage caused to your eyes.
- It has a strong scent that might irritate those who are sensitive to scents.
- The gel is not hypoallergenic and it can cause allergic reactions.
- It is more expensive than other eye creams for puffiness.
4. Instant Eye Repair Cream – Beauty Facial Extreme
It helps to erase dark circles and reducing the appearance of pores.
Their cream can help improve skin texture, elasticity and firmness that is lost with age.
It is safe for all skin types and is paraben free, fragrance free and contains no toxic ingredients.
They offer a 30-day money guarantee with no questions asked if you are not completely satisfied with the product.
- It is very easy to order online.
- They offer an excellent discount when you order more than one, making it more economical.
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and they will gladly respect their warranty even if purchased from another retailer.
- Erases the appearance and recurrence of puffy eyes,
- Aids in lightening dark circles.
- Safe to use all over your face and neck.
- Helps to improve the appearance of pores making your skin look more vibrant and younger.
- If you have sensitive skin, it can cause some people’s puffiness to worsen as it irritates the skin.
- It is only available online.
- It has a darker beige color and dries a darker shade, if you have fair-coloured skin it will be very noticeable and need to be covered with makeup. Best for darker skin tones.
- Even though it is fragrance free it has a strong scent.
5. Peter Thomas Roth Instant – FIRMx Eye Cream
It tightens, firms and soothes the skin under your eyes, diminishing all signs of age, puffiness and signs of fatigue.
Contains glycerine, peptides and is loaded with antioxidants that will feed your puffy eyes and eliminate fluid retention.
It takes about 3 minutes to dry and may leave a white residue that can be wiped away with a damp cloth.
Makeup can be applied over the instant firmx eye cream but it is best when used alone. It leaves your eyes looking radiant for about 8 to 12 hours.
It has been designed to be a quick concealer for your puffy eyes, giving them a much needed pick me up.
- It conceals your puffy eyes in about 3 to 6 minutes; it is a quick fix to hiding unwanted signs of age and fatigue.
- It can be used with makeup, without making your makeup looked smudged.
- It is available nationwide at most pharmacies and can easily be ordered online at very economical price.
- This cream also helps to conceal fine lines and dark circles.
- The cream is mainly a concealer and not a moisturizer, if you need to moisturize your eyes, apply a under eye moisturizer once the cream has dried.
- It does not work with all skin types, the best results are with fair skin, darker skin tones sometimes will be left with a thick white residue that will need to be wiped away.
- It can cause an allergic reaction.
When choosing an eye cream for puffiness, it is important to look for an eye cream that will tighten the skin around your eyes and reduce fluid retention.
Look for an eye cream that contains antioxidants, caffeine and retinol, as these ingredients will help to reduce and conceal puffiness.
Which of the mentioned eye creams is the best eye cream for puffiness?
The number one eye cream for puffiness is Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream with Natural Shitake Complex.
It is the only cream that offers long-lasting and quick results in reducing under eye puffiness caused by fatigue, age, hereditary, diet and any other external factors.
Also, it contains natural antioxidants, caffeine and niacinamide, all factors that will feed your eyes and make your puffy eyes a thing of the past.
Unfortunately, it is a guarantee that we all will face the challenge of aging skin. We want to keep that healthy, beautiful look we had when we were younger.
Puffy bags under our eyes definitely are a sign of aging. So, how wonderful for us that we can find a product to make us feel better and look better.
May you have brighter, happier eyes!