Our eyes reveal our deepest secrets, but revealing our true age is a secret you can keep to yourself, by turning back the clock by using an anti-aging eye cream.
Dark circles, fine lines, puffiness, wrinkles and other unwanted side effects of aging tired eyes can disappear quickly by using the correct eye cream, but how can you choose the best anti-aging eye cream for you?
- What Is the Right Anti-aging Eye for Your Eyes?
- What Ingredients Should a Good Quality Eye Cream Contain?
- The Top 5 Anti-aging Eye Cream Reviews
- 1. La Roche-Posay Redermic Retinol – Eye Cream to Visibly Reduce Wrinkles
- 2. Neocutis Lumiere Bio-restorative – Best Organic Anti Aging Eye Cream
- 3. Derma-nu Anti Aging Eye Cream
- 4. Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging – Best Anti Aging Eye Cream for 40s
- 5. Majestic Pure Retinal – Best Anti Aging Under Eye Cream
- How Should You Apply Your Anti-aging Eye Cream?
What Is the Right Anti-aging Eye for Your Eyes?
Before running out to the shopping mall to get an anti-aging eye cream, there are some things you need to know about eye cream.
Just because it costs more than our monthly mortgage doesn’t guarantee that it is going to give you the results that you desire. We need to understand what to look for in an eye cream and then we can choose the best anti-aging eye cream for us.
First off, we need to understand that under our eyes is our body’s thinnest and most sensitive skin so it requires extra care.
Plus, every time we open and close our eyes, the muscles around our eyes contract. These movements form fine lines and wrinkles.
As we can’t stop contracting our eyes, we can’t prevent the formation of wrinkles, fine lines or puffiness as we age, but we can reduce them by using an anti-aging eye cream.
What Ingredients Should a Good Quality Eye Cream Contain?
The types of ingredients used in anti-aging eye creams can greatly differ as each eye cream promises to heal your eyes differently. The effectiveness of your anti-aging eye cream depends entirely on the quality of the active ingredients used.
Here is a small list of ingredients that you should expect to see in your anti-aging eye cream.
Peptides work at tightening the skin tissues under your eyes, which prevents capillary leakage. This results in eyes that sparkle with no under-eye puffiness or droopy bags. Also, this helps the skin produce more collagen, which means fewer wrinkles.
Vitamin K helps to remove the dark circles that can age us beyond years. Vitamin K promotes the growth of new skin cells
Retinol helps new skin re-growth, resulting in your skin looking younger and rejuvenated.
Chrysin is an inflammatory antioxidant that helps reduce the puffiness under your eyes.
The Top 5 Anti-aging Eye Cream Reviews
These 5 anti-aging eye creams are the “cream of the crop“. You won’t be able to believe your eyes once you begin use them and see the younger transformation on your eyes.
1. La Roche-Posay Redermic Retinol – Eye Cream to Visibly Reduce Wrinkles
This anti-aging eye cream has won awards year after year by many beauty magazines. One of the main ingredients is Retinol, which has been scientifically proven to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, fine lines and dark circles under our eyes.
- Suitable for those that have sensitivity to creams, also it is hypoallergenic for those with skin allergies. It also is scent-free.
- Easy once a day application that can easily fit into your routine. Just quickly dab on before applying your makeup.
- It actually works, in a matter of days from using, it begins to minimize your fine lines and wrinkles, also reduces the unsightly dark circles under our eyes.
- It is great with all skin types from oily skin to dry skin.
- This eye cream is available nationwide at most department stores nationwide and Amazon.
- It comes with a hefty price tag that might not be comfortable for your purse, but a very small amount goes a long way.
- For those who have deep wrinkles it will take a little longer to see results as opposed to someone with less wrinkles.
2. Neocutis Lumiere Bio-restorative – Best Organic Anti Aging Eye Cream
This wonderful eye cream works to reduce dark circles, puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles. It was voted one of the top best beauty buys for 2016 by In Style Magazine.
PSP is a combination of complex peptides or processed skin proteins. It is a very gentle eye cream and is suitable for those with skin allergies or sensitive skin.
- It really does work, helps to reduce the most stubborn wrinkles and droopy bags under your eyes.
- It works wonderful with all skin types, from the driest or the oiliest skin.
- It comes with a short expiration date, so you will have use it faster than other anti-aging eye creams on the market.
- It is difficult to find and is not available at most department stores. You might be able to find it at your dermatologist’s office or order it online.
- It comes with a hefty price tag and it works best if combined with an eye cream infused with Vitamin C, meaning more money.
- There are many counterfeit products online claiming to be the original. Make sure you purchase only from an authorized retailer online or at your dermatologist’s office.
- The eye cream doesn’t absorb quickly into your skin, you will need to rub the cream in or let it sit a bit before applying your makeup.
They claim to be one of the best anti-aging eye creams on the market, providing powerful and deep cell rejuvenation. It contains collagen that will repair your wrinkles and reduce inflammation that can cause puffiness under your fragile and sensitive eye area.
Designed and formulated by experts and using the best Peptides and retinol to give your eyes the much needed love and care they need. Safe for all skin types and formulated for those with sensitive skin.
- If you are not 100% happy with the product within 30 days, they will refund your money, no questions asked.
- It comes with a nice low price that won’t break your wallet.
- Uses only natural and organic ingredients, with no harsh chemicals that could damage your skin or eyes.
- Begins to work immediately after applying the cream, making your skin softer and younger. It also is quickly absorbed into your skin, leaving a non-sticky surface so you can apply your makeup easily.
- It is not considered to be hypoallergenic, so it can cause some people to break out in a rash or hives.
- For those with deep wrinkles or quite a bit of puffiness, it will not touch your wrinkles. It is better for someone in their 30’s trying to avoid getting wrinkles in the first place, than trying to remove the wrinkles or fine lines.
- It has a strong scent that can cause an allergenic reaction, if you are sensitive to scents or odors.
4. Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging – Best Anti Aging Eye Cream for 40s
An anti-aging eye cream with a name we have come to trust and rely on. This eye cream is jam packed with goodness, as it promises to brighten your eyes and reveal your youthful vibrancy.
It helps 7 of the most troublesome signs of aging eyes such as: fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles, dullness, uneven tone, texture and puffiness.
- Its non-oily formula is quickly absorbed into your skin, allowing you to apply your makeup quickly.
- It has been designed for all skin types, including the oiliest and driest skin in the world.
- Comes with a wonderful low price and can be found nationwide at all supermarkets or stores.
- For the price, Olay is giving your 7 types of eye creams in one, and it really will help reduce the skins of aging.
- If ordering online, be careful of counterfeit products and only order from Amazon.
- It can cause an allergic reaction in some who are extremely sensitive to creams. Also, it has a very slight fragrance, it is considered to unsuitable for those with sensitivity to fragrances.
- The product contains a very light sparkle, which might be disagreeable for some. It dries with a light slivery sparkle.
5. Majestic Pure Retinal – Best Anti Aging Under Eye Cream
This anti-aging formula hydrates the skin under your eyes and helps them return to their youthful vigor. The eye cream helps to reduce wrinkles, crow’s feet, erythema and hyperpigmentation.
Using the best quality retinal that doesn’t irritate your eyes but will rejuvenate your tired eyes.
- Comes with a very accessible price that won’t break the bank.
- It is made up of a non-greasy formula that will not leave your face with a sticky residue.
- IN a few days after using, you will notice your skin under your eyes to be firmer and more hydrated.
- May cause skin sensitivity to the sun, always wear with a good quality sunscreen or only use at nighttime.
- It is a very thick cream and will not quickly be absorbed into your skin, making applying your makeup difficult.
- It is not hypoallergenic and can cause allergic reactions in some people.
How Should You Apply Your Anti-aging Eye Cream?
Anti-aging eye cream, in order to work effectively, needs to be applied correctly. When applied correctly it can help moisturize, even your skin tone, repair damage from sun and aging, making you look younger and more awake. But how can you apply it correctly?
Step 1: Eye cream should not be applied on top of the eyelid and it shouldn’t be used directly under your bottom lashes.
Step 2: Cleanse your face and clean your hands.
Step 3: It should be applied under your eye, by moving from the inner corner to the outer corner. You will want to dot the cream under your eyes.
Step 4: Press or lightly tap the cream into your skin, avoid rubbing your eyes as this can cause light bruising and dark circles under your eyes.
Step 5: Apply the cream along the orbital bone, using light gliding stokes upwards.
There are so many choices in choosing the best anti-aging eye cream for your tired eyes but these honest and frank reviews of the top-selling eyes creams on the market, will help you pick the best anti-aging eye cream.
After weighing the pros and cons of each eye cream, La Roche-Posay Redermic R Eyes Anti-Aging Retinol Eye Cream comes out on top, as it has no scary side effects such as sensitivity to sunlight and it is suitable for all skin types. Also, it is hypoallergenic, so it won’t cause any unsightly breakouts or rashes. There is a reason more than 25,000 dermatologist’s worldwide recommend this eye cream. It renews your eyes, reducing all signs of aging in a matter of days.
If you are looking for an anti-aging eye cream that has a slightly lower price tag than the above, check out the runner up, Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Eye Cream Treatment, which heals 7 signs of aging under your eyes, allowing you to let your eyes shine. It can be found nationwide at all supermarkets.
So, may your eyes keep your most precious secret: your age. May those around you keep guessing your age, as you let your bright eyes shine out at the world.